Saturday, December 09, 2006

Much ado about nobody

The Dodgers are considering filing tampering charges against the Sox regarding J.D. Drew? They should be thanking Theo for taking the overrated stiff off their hands.

I think Drew is going to be a very expensive bust, for reasons I explained here, and I expect him to spend plenty of time on the DL. And I'm not alone in thinking he's going to be a disaster for the Sox.

According to a GM not involved in the Drew matter, the belief among GMs at the winter meetings was split regarding whether the Sox may have tampered.

“Actually, most GMs feel it was a stupid sign and they did the Dodgers a favor,” he said.
With any luck, the Dodgers will file a grievance and MLB will void Drew's contract with Boston and send him back to the Dodgers.

Hey, I can hope, can't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home