Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Thrown to the lions

I admit that I thought Tom DeLay's legal problems had something to do with evidence that he broke the law.

There are those who would say Tom DeLay lost his job as House majority leader because he was indicted by a Texas grand jury for money laundering and conspiracy, or because of his extensive ties to lawbreaking lobbyist Jack Abramoff. But they would be wrong.

In fact, the Texas Republican fell from power because he is a Christian.
That, at least, is the view of Rick Scarborough, convener of a conference this week called "The War on Christians."

"I believe the most damaging thing that Tom DeLay has done in his life is take his faith seriously into public office, which made him a target for all those who despise the cause of Christ," Scarborough said, introducing DeLay on Tuesday. When DeLay finished, the host reminded the politician: "God always does his best work right after a crucifixion."
If DeLay is indeed guilty of the crimes he's accused of, I'd sure like to see him held accountable. And because I don't care even a little bit which religion DeLay practices, his faith has nothing to do with my feelings. So how would Rick Scarborough explain my perspective?

Oh yeah. The liberal media.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home