Monday, September 05, 2005

No magic 8-ball required

I wrote this in an e-mail Wednesday. I found out Friday where the contract to clean up New Orleans went. I thought I was kidding.

Forced off his land by the hurricane -- who says Bush doesn't understand the plight of Katrina's victims? -- he called the devastation in the Gulf region "one ofthe worst natural disasters in our nation's history."

No shit.

I guess the two Americans who didn't already believe that are now straight on how bad this storm is, historically. He also said that the recovery effort was going to be a difficult road, but there's "no doubt in my mind that we're going to succeed."

He said the same thing about Iraq. Which begs the question, how is Halliburton at draining flood waters?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home