Sunday, September 04, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog.

This blog is about everything -- that is, everything I feel like writing about. Nothing is outside the topic areas covered by the blog, unless of course I'm not interested in writing about it.

As you might have guessed, the Red Sox will be discussed frequently, so comments from people in the Boston area are welcome. The few Yankees fans who can read and type also are welcome to share their thought. After all, we're inclusive here. All are welcome.

I created this blog to give myself a reason to write. I don't do it often enough, and I don't expect this blog to change that. But I expect that I'll write more often now that I have something to do with the pieces after they're written.

So don't expect new posts every day. I do have a life outside of blogging, and I intend to keep it. Blogs have a way of taking over bloggers' lives, but hopefully my laziness finally will serve a useful purpose and prevent that from happening.

Politics will get a lot of mileage here. Our great uniter of a president has created a lot of political animals since he took office, most of them rabid. However, his approval rating indicates that he might finally be close to achieving his goal of uniting this country, albeit against him.

But it's not going to be all heavy, serious, Republicans suck. Sports, music, things I think are funny -- everything is fair game for discussion.

However, some topics are less likely than others to come up. The first thing that comes to mind is country music. If I'm talking about it, I'm probably ranting about how hard it sucks.

I probably will include postings of various levels of quality. After all, this is a tool to encourage me to write, so I expect that I'll post most of what I write. Often you only get to read a writer's perfectly polished finished products. Here you'll get a peek behind the curtain to see a writer at work. Well, at practice, anyway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home