Saturday, February 17, 2007

Scott Brown, asshole

I know it will come as a surprise to learn that he is a Republican.

A state senator and father of a former American Idol finalist read profanity-laced criticism posted online about him and his family in a talk to high school students in his district about his opposition to gay marriage.

Sen. Scott Brown, R-Wrentham, defended his use of foul language during an assembly at King Philip Regional High School on Thursday by saying he was only repeating what had been written about him. The comments were posted on a Facebook.com page dedicated to a pro-gay rights history teacher at the school.

"If the kids can write it, the kids can hear it," Brown said Friday.

Brown said he left the school Thursday feeling pleased that so many of the students seemed highly engaged in the discussion about divisive issues such as gay marriage.

"I felt really good about it. And now I find out I'm being portrayed as a vile-speaking hate-monger. It's pretty saddening. I feel very badly that I'm being victimized here," he said.
Poor you. I know you're still smarting from all the bad things those mean teenagers said about you, senator, so it may not be the best time to bring this up, but there are some out there who might consider your nude photo spread kind of homoerotic.

I'm just sayin'. You don't have to come to my house and read this back to me or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home