Wednesday, July 26, 2006

How to tell if you're unpopular

If this happens, you're unpopular.

A woman who won the Nobel Peace Prize 30 years ago drew applause from Australian schoolchildren today by saying she'd like to kill President Bush.

"I have a very hard time with this word 'non-violence,' because I don't believe that I am non-violent," said Betty Williams, 64, according to the Australian newspaper. "Right now, I would love to kill George Bush."

The audience at Brisbane City Hall – mostly schoolchildren – clapped and cheered, the paper said. The event was the Earth Dialogues forum.
Williams obviously poses no threat to Bush as she's extremely unlikely to carry out this fantasy of hers. And I think it goes without saying, given the content of this site, but I'll include anyway the requisite statement that all killing is wrong and I would not support an actual effort to kill Bush, just as I don't support any effort to kill any other human being.

Still, a Nobel Peace Prize winner says she wants to kill Bush, and is applauded by children. That's pretty funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home